Calgary Furniture Exchange Inc.
Personal information is information about an identifiable individual. There are many types of personal information that we may require in order to serve you better, including the following:
- Your identity or contact information such as name, address, phone number, and e-mail address,
- Other information incidental to purchasing from us, and
- Information gathered in customer service inquiries, contests, or inquiries into our products and services.
- Respond to your requests for product or service information.
- Engage in business transactions with you and provide appropriate levels of service to complete the transaction.
- Share personal information that we collect as directed by you with other service providers and warranty providers, as well as trades and contractors, etc. who perform various functions to assist in our delivery of service to you.
- Provide personal information to third parties to perform functions on our behalf, such as merchandise delivery and/or pickup, our credit card processing provider or technological or administrative services.
We do not use techniques to collect personal information about you without your knowledge. Generally we collect personal information from you directly. This information could be collected in person, over the telephone, electronically, or through the mail.
We only collect, use, or disclose personal information for the purposes we believe you would consider appropriate under the circumstances. Your knowledge and consent are required for the collection, use, or disclosure of your personal information unless permitted or required by law. You can chose not to provide us with some or all of your personal information.
We separately request your express consent, or rely on implied consent, in the provision of commercial electronic messages (e-mails or texts) to you when providing services you have requested.
Your personal information is stored in secure locations and on secure servers.
We protect your personal information by using industry standard technology and security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information, including physical, administrative and electronic controls to minimize the risk of unauthorized access, use or disclosure of or to your personal information.
Our employees are trained to appreciate the importance of privacy and confidentiality of personal information and the provisions of this policy apply to them as conditions of their employment.
You acknowledge that if any of our third party service providers are located outside of Canada, your personal information may be processed and stored in such jurisdictions.
You have the right to access your personal information that is in our custody, subject to any legal restrictions.
We strive to ensure that all information on-hand is accurate and up-to-date. We therefore urge you to provide us with updates regarding your personal information and to inform us of any errors affecting the personal information we hold.
Access or correction requests must be in writing and should provide sufficient detail of the nature and scope of your request.
Online Communications – In order to provide you with a service or information, you may voluntarily submit personal information to us for purposes such as asking a question, obtaining information, reviewing or downloading a publication, subscribing to a newsletter or a mail or e-mail list, participating in an event, and participating in contests and surveys. We may combine and store personal information about your use of our website and the online information you have provided with certain other personal information we may have collected.
Links – Our website may contain links to other websites which are provided as a convenience only. You are advised that other third party websites may have different privacy policies and practices than us, and we have no responsibility for such third party websites.
For further information about what your rights are under the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents (PIPEDA) Act, please visit the website for the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada at www.priv.gc.ca.
Calgary Furniture Exchange Inc.
6745 Fairmount Dr SE
Calgary, Alberta T2H 0X6
Phone: (403) 251-4493